Teacher’s Assistant - On-Call
Download and print the Application.
Download and print the GELC Questionnaire.
Download and print the Background Check Authorization.
Open: October 22, 2009
Close: Open Continuously
Assists in the care and early education of children (birth to age 5) and school age children at the Grandview Child Care Center. Creates and maintains a safe, healthy, and culturally appropriate learning environment for young children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists classroom teachers in planning and implementing the daily program in all group and outdoor activities.
- Greets arriving and departing parents, children and co-workers with a smile and positive attitude.
- Encourages parents to record daily arrival and departure times for all children enrolled at the Center.
- Assists preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing materials and supplies that are culturally relevant to the children.
- Supervises and provides assistance in the bathrooms.
- Treats children with dignity and respect and maintains the Positive Discipline Policy of the Center.
- Assists with meal-time activities of the children to encourage and foster the use of good table manners.
- Assists with housekeeping activities as assigned to maintain a clean environment center-wide.
- Maintains professional attitudes and loyalty to the Center at all times.
- Attends Staff Meetings, workshops, conferences, courses, all in-service training and other aspects of professional growth when recommended by the Center Manager.
- Utilizes Center materials and teaching supplies constructively and resourcefully.
- Considers individual children in relationship to their cultural and socio-economic background and developmental level.
- Keeps information about families confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Submit application & resume postmarked by the closing date to:
Human Resource Department
Puyallup Tribe of Indians
3009 E. Portland Ave
Tacoma, WA 98404